There are ups and downs in every marriage, and you may be wondering, “Should we go to marriage counseling?” and if it would help your marriage. While some marriages go through severe turmoil and seem to grow stronger, some marriages start to crumble. Any marriage that is going through problems and troubled can be helped by marital counseling.
Each couple is different and unique. So, in order to work through these problems and issues will be unique to that couple. However, there are signs that common to all marriage that can point to trouble is brewing in the relationship. If you are seeing these signs in your marriage, it may be a good indication to the answer Should we go to marriage counseling.
Here are some of the common signs that a marriage is headed towards trouble.
- There is a lot of bickering, nagging, and nitpicking between the couple.
- The couple does not fight fairly.
- The couple spends time apart because they enjoy doing activities separately because it is more fun than spending time together.
- The couple avoids talking about problems together. There may be several reasons, including one member may be unaware of problems that the other couple member normally handles.
- The couple does not agree on goals and values, either for themselves or for the relationship as a whole.
- There is little or no intimacy between the couple.
- There is no communication between the couple. Each member of the couple may be unaware of anything happening in the other member’s life.
If are you experiencing these problems in your marriage and wondering, Should we go to marriage counseling. It can help on all the above problems and other problems. It is very true that there is no reason to stay in an unhappy marriage. Unfortunately, many go straight to separation or divorce without ever giving their marriage a fair chance.
Sometimes, a marriage counselor is required to give your marriage a fair chance. A marriage counselor has a lot of experiences helping others through many different difficulties. These difficulties can be infidelity, money problems, family problems, differences in beliefs, and much more.
Some things many couples learn when they go to marriage counseling is:
- How to listen effectively
- How to communicate needs clearly without anger
- How get what is needed in the relationship without making demands
- How to work through problems that are not resolved in the marriage
- How to understand the need of the other member of the couple and how to meet these needs
Two important things to considering when you’re thinking about Should we go to marriage counseling. It is essential that both members agree to go to marriage counseling and give their best effort to make it work. It will not work if only one member goes to marriage counseling or if only one member gives an effort to make the marriage counseling work in their relationship.
Another important part is that marriage counseling works best when the couple goes to counseling as soon as they start having trouble in their marriage. The longer a couple waits to go to marriage counseling the chances of saving their marriage decreases greatly.
I would invite you to check out Magic Of Making Up by TW Jackson. This would give you a great insight to the psychology of relationships. This will give you a good starting point. You can get your copy and learn some great stuff by reading over that page and watching the videos. Visit The Official Website
If you just want to know more about Magic Of Making Up, you can read my Magic of Making Up Review.
You can also pick up my abbreviated version of Magic Of Making Up for free. Visit An Inside Look Inside The Magic Of Making Up.